Saturday, July 23, 2011

Good river and bad river

Today was River Day.

First drove for a long time. The car was very hot. Finally we stopped at a place with forest and rocks and water, and a house and grass too.

This place was amazing. There were lots of little people there, and some friendly big people too.

The river was shallow. I went wading.


The cold water felt nice on my hot paws. It was very nice for a drink too.


But it was sad, because I didn't get to stay for very long. My big people told me to get back in the car. I didn't want to. My littlest person got to stay, but my other people wanted to leave. I wish we'd all stayed at this wonderful place all day!

Instead we drove some more. We got out in the forest. We walked for a bit, and then came to the river again. The river here was deeper and faster. We climbed over big rocks, but the rocks were very slippery. I fell in. My belly got wet. I did not like this.


On the other side of the river we dried off. The people put their paws in the water. Momma B ate a sandwich.

Then it was time to go. We had to cross the river again. I slipped again and the water was very deep. I got caught on a branch. Momma B moved the branch and Momma C pulled me up.

This was very embarrassing. I was relieved when we made it across and went back into the forest.

No more rivers please.

No comments: